Minor Quake Felt near Bulgaria's Strazhitsa
A 2.1-magnitude earthquake hit the near of Strazhitsa in northern Bulgaria on Sunday morning.
The tremor struck at 6:20 local time (EET), at a depth of 400 km beneath the surface.
It came just a minute before another quake, measuring 3.5 on the Richter scale, was felt in Vrancea in neighbouring Romania.
In 1986, the area of Strazhitsa was devastated by 5.7-magnitude quake which left three people dead and 80 injured and desroyed 15 000 buildings. Thousands of families are forced to live in temporary shelters for years.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Bus Incident near Ruse - 10 people Injured
- » A Series of Strong Earthquakes in Greece, Panic in North Macedonia
- » Bulgarian Buses Blocked for Hours on the Serbian-Hungarian Border
- » The 150 Bulgarians who were Blocked at Frankfurt Airport have returned Home
- » More than 150 Bulgarians are Stranded at Frankfurt airport
- » Dangerous Trend in Bulgaria: 100 victims from Road Accidents - more than in 2020