Thousands Stage Pro-Govt Rally in Southern Romania
Thousands have gathered in Targoviste in southern Bulgaria to demonstrate support for the government which earlier in February faced weeks of protests after passing a controversial decree.
Singing patriotic songs, many waved flags and placards stating their belief in Romania.
The Saturday morning event was organized by the PSD's local branch, according to state-run AGERPRES agency.
The Social Democrats (PSD) saw earlier in February the biggest protests since the beginning of democracy after passing an emergency ordinance that decriminalized abuse-of-office cases worth less than EUR 44 000.
The decree was later repealed.
However, Bulgaria's public broadcaster BNR cites a February 14 poll reported by Romanian media which shows support for the PSD has plummeted from 46% to 31%, several months after the party won the election.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Macedonia Postpones the Debate on the "French Proposal"
- » Fight in the Macedonian Parliament (VIDEO)
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: We may Not Get a New Proposal
- » Belgrade: The Creation of the Serbian World is a Process that Cannot be Stopped
- » Former Albanian PM: The Bulgarian Veto does Not Block us, Rama is to Blame
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister Explained why Skopje Opposes the "French Proposal"