Thousands Stage Pro-Govt Rally in Southern Romania
Thousands have gathered in Targoviste in southern Bulgaria to demonstrate support for the government which earlier in February faced weeks of protests after passing a controversial decree.
Singing patriotic songs, many waved flags and placards stating their belief in Romania.
The Saturday morning event was organized by the PSD's local branch, according to state-run AGERPRES agency.
The Social Democrats (PSD) saw earlier in February the biggest protests since the beginning of democracy after passing an emergency ordinance that decriminalized abuse-of-office cases worth less than EUR 44 000.
The decree was later repealed.
However, Bulgaria's public broadcaster BNR cites a February 14 poll reported by Romanian media which shows support for the PSD has plummeted from 46% to 31%, several months after the party won the election.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis