Bulgaria, 3 Other NATO States 'Picked Russia to Defend Them if Threatened'
Bulgaria, Greece, Slovenia and Turkey "plumped for Russia" as their pick for defense partner if a threat emerged, according to a poll quoted by Bloomberg.
A multi-national Gallup poll published ahead of the Munich security conference "appeared to map out shifts in the post-Cold War security alliances which have come under renewed strain and scrutiny" under Donald Trump, according to the article.
Most countries polled by WIN/Gallup International chose the United States as their go-to defense partner.
Bulgaria and Greece seee their biggest security threat coming from Turkey, another NATO member, according to the poll.
Experts are quoted as saying the poll reflects a divide between the Orthodox Christian world and Western Christianity, with Bulgaria and Greece option for Russia (even though Slovenia and Romania are exceptions, in preferring Russia and the US respectively).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Number of Students Willing to Study Abroad Dwindling - Bulgarian Education Ministry
- » The Economist Demands Resignaion of Kristalina Georgieva as Head of the IMF
- » Five Climbers Die in Elbrus, Europe's Highest Peak in Russian Caucasus
- » EU Common e-device Chargers - Make It or Break It
- » The Situation with COVID-19 in the Balkans
- » Prof. Vitanov Sends New Alarm: Universe May Be Drowned in Our Tears