Court Tells Election Commission to Register Barekov’s Party Under Name of His Choice
The Supreme Administrative Court has instructed the Central Election Commission (CEC) to register the party of European deputy Nikolay Barekov for the upcoming snap elections on March 26 with the name he chooses himself.
The chief magistrates found that his appeal against CEC’s opinion is legitimate. Earlier, members of CEC could not reach a 2/3 majority of votes in order to decide whether to register the party under its old name or its new one.
The appeal was fiiled by the political party Dvizhenie Prezaredi Balgariya (Movement Recharge Bulgaria) as the legal successor of Balgaria Bez Tsenzura (Bulgaria Without Censorship).
Via their decision on Wednesday, the chief magistrates return the file to CEC for a new ruling.
The decision is final.
- » Bulgarian Military Ministry Delegation is Leaving for the United States
- » Russian Military Braces for Massive War Games in the East
- » U.S. and Bulgarian Navy Servicemen Participated in Joint Exercise in Varna
- » Israeli F-16S: A Possible Upgrade to the Bulgarian Air Force
- » US Plans to Upgrade Military Bases in Romania, Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Navy Will Receive New Motorboats for $2 million as a Donation from US