Court Tells Election Commission to Register Barekov’s Party Under Name of His Choice
The Supreme Administrative Court has instructed the Central Election Commission (CEC) to register the party of European deputy Nikolay Barekov for the upcoming snap elections on March 26 with the name he chooses himself.
The chief magistrates found that his appeal against CEC’s opinion is legitimate. Earlier, members of CEC could not reach a 2/3 majority of votes in order to decide whether to register the party under its old name or its new one.
The appeal was fiiled by the political party Dvizhenie Prezaredi Balgariya (Movement Recharge Bulgaria) as the legal successor of Balgaria Bez Tsenzura (Bulgaria Without Censorship).
Via their decision on Wednesday, the chief magistrates return the file to CEC for a new ruling.
The decision is final.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister: The Defensive Shield-23 Exercise achieved its Goals of assembling a Multinational Battalion
- » The Minister of Defense: There are no Bulgarian soldiers in Ukraine
- » A Wagner mercenary with a Medal from Putin was Arrested in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Military Parade on the Day of the Bulgarian Army (PHOTOS and VIDEO)
- » Do not be Alarmed: Military Helicopters and Planes will fly low over Sofia today
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister: "We are facing Unprecedented Hybrid Attacks from Russia”