Euro Funds for Science, Education To Be Frozen Due To Irregularities Under Kuneva's Management
Operational Programme Science and Education for Intellectual Growth may be halted and intermediate payments have been frozen temporarily.
This became clear after an inspection of the programme by the European Commission in October 2016 which discovered several irregularities in its management.
This is why the EC has addressed Bulgarian authorities with a letter stipulating several recommendations. Unless, these are fulfilled, the programme will be terminated.
Interim Education Minister Nikolay Denkov has confirmed that such a letter has been received on Thursday evening.
Denkov has requested the resignation of the head of the managing body of the operational programme which is based at a department of the ministry – Tsvetana Gerdzhikova.
- » There is going to be a Children's Aqua Park in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the 181th Anniversary of its National Hero Vasil Levski's Birth
- » The Bulgarian State will Provide Millions to BDZ for New Trains in 2020
- » Bulgaria Consults on DAB+ Authorisations
- » Private Plane Flew from Sofia Airport without Passing a Border Check
- » Soon in Sofia: Home Repair? Just over the Weekend and after Asking Permission from the Neighbors