Russian Fighter Aircraft Kill 3 Turkish Soldiers in Syria
Russian fighter aircraft have carried out a rocket strike against Turkish military personnel in Syria, reported the Turkish military headquarters. The incident took place near the city of al-Bab.
Three military officers were killed and 11 others wounded.
The three soldiers died on the spot and one of the 11 wounded is in critical condition. All were taken to hospital after the incident.
The announcement of the Turkish military headquarters also read that Russian President Vladimir Putin has called his Turkish counterpart Recep Erdogan in order to express his condolences.
Russian media reported that Russian aircraft hit the building where the Turkish soldiers were stationed by mistake thinking that they were attacking fighters of Islamic State.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ursula von der Leyen: Strengthening the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is a Priority
- » Hungary to Veto EU Nuclear Sanctions against Russia
- » Day 338 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Nuclear Regulator reported Strong Explosions near the Zaporizhzhia NPP
- » EU Commissioner Rejected the Idea of Financing a Fence along the Bulgarian-Turkish Border
- » Serbia: 43% of Citizens Support Joining the EU
- » Germany has Apologized for a Leopard Joke that offended Africans