Romania's Justice Minister Resigns
Romania’s Justice Minister Florin Iordache has resigned after the wave of mass protests caused by the government’s decree on reducing the penalties for corruption and an amnesty for prisoners, reported news agencies.
“I decided to resign,” announced Iordache who was one of the initiators of the decree adopted at an emergency session by the cabinet of Sorin Grindeanu.
Large-scale protests all over the country, however, forced the government to repeal the controversial amendments to the Penal Code.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis