Romania's Justice Minister Resigns
Romania’s Justice Minister Florin Iordache has resigned after the wave of mass protests caused by the government’s decree on reducing the penalties for corruption and an amnesty for prisoners, reported news agencies.
“I decided to resign,” announced Iordache who was one of the initiators of the decree adopted at an emergency session by the cabinet of Sorin Grindeanu.
Large-scale protests all over the country, however, forced the government to repeal the controversial amendments to the Penal Code.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Serbia: 43% of Citizens Support Joining the EU
- » Vucic: Serbia has received an Ultimatum from the West to Normalize Relations with Kosovo
- » North Macedonia’s President: Ban One MEP and Several other Bulgarians from Entering the Country
- » Vucic: I haven't Spoken to Putin for months, Wagner has to Stop recruiting Fighters in Serbia
- » Tension in Kosovo after an Albanian Shot two Serbian Boys
- » Vucic announced that He is in his Last Term as President of Serbia