European Commissioner Mogherini: Europe Needs Migrants
According to Federica Mogherini, High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, Europe needs migrants due to its ageing population and it has to solve the migrant crisis via cooperation, reported AFP.
“I believe that Europeans need to understand that we need migrants for the economy because of the ageing population. Migration may be managed only via cooperation and partnership,” pointed out Mogherini, underlining that fences are not the solution.
“There are powers in the world which want a different mode of action based on the construction of walls instead of partnerships. This is not the European way. Europe will not close its doors,” reckoned Mogherini.
- » Bulgaria among the Countries with Largest share of Old Aircraft
- » Donald Tusk: Brexit - One of the Most Spectacular Mistakes in the EU History
- » Many Flights Will Be Canceled due to Strike in France
- » The EC Meets Without Using any Paper for the First Time
- » EC Report about the State of Health in the EU
- » Juncker: The Blocking of Negotiations with Northern Macedonia and Albania Is Shameful