European Commissioner Mogherini: Europe Needs Migrants
According to Federica Mogherini, High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, Europe needs migrants due to its ageing population and it has to solve the migrant crisis via cooperation, reported AFP.
“I believe that Europeans need to understand that we need migrants for the economy because of the ageing population. Migration may be managed only via cooperation and partnership,” pointed out Mogherini, underlining that fences are not the solution.
“There are powers in the world which want a different mode of action based on the construction of walls instead of partnerships. This is not the European way. Europe will not close its doors,” reckoned Mogherini.
- » Corruption Perceptions in Bulgaria - The Strongest across the EU
- » Eurostat: Production of Industrial Chemicals in the EU Increased in 2018
- » The UK is Ready to Leave the EU on January 31st
- » The EU is Launching a Pan-European Consultation on the future
- » Croatia Has Lost Half a Million Workers in Ten Years
- » Brexit: MEPs are Concerned about Citizens' Rights