Romania Gives Up Criminal Code Changes Draft to Prepare Better One
Romania's Justice Ministry wants to "draft a more complex" bill amending the country's Criminal Code, state-run Agerpres agency says, citing a spokesperson for the institution.
The ministry has added it is not "concerned" with drawing up a new law changing the code.
Earlier reports had suggested the government is not working on a draft law that would overhaul the current legislation.
The development follows the govenrment's decision to repeal a decree that decriminalized cases of abuse of office worth less than EUR 44 000 sparking protests that lasted for days.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Turkey is preparing to take command of NATO forces in Kosovo
- » Earthquake with Magnitude above 5 in Romania, also felt in Hungary
- » Serbia: 68,000 Weapons were Handed Over to authorities
- » 700 NATO troops have arrived in Northern Kosovo
- » The Kremlin Supports the Serbs in Kosovo - The West blames Pristina
- » Stoltenberg: NATO will deploy 700 more soldiers in Kosovo