Ceiling of Bulgaria’s National Library Collapses
Heavy snow was the reason for the collapse of the ceiling of the National Library St. St. Cyril and Methodius, reported BGNES.
Due to the weight of the snow, the glass ceiling of the library collapsed in one of the reading halls, known as reading hall 3.
The incident occurred about 17:00 hrs on Friday and one person was injured.
According to estimates of the National Library, BGN 200,000 are needed in order to carry out complete repairs.
Reading hall 3 will remain closed until the snow melts and construction crews are able to climb on the roof.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 15th Day - Protesters Closed Ten Junctions in Sofia, Thrown Sunflower Seeds and Candy in Front of the Council of Ministers
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 14th Day in a Row Under the Motto "Let’s Block Sofia First and Then the State"
- » 13 Days Protests in Bulgaria: "We Are the Vote of No Confidence"