Bulgaria's Govt Pledges to Get Voting Machines
Bulgarian authorities will make sure voting machines are available in all polling stations for the early election on March 26, interim Deputy Prime Minister Stefan Yanev has said.
After a meeting with electoral officials on Thursday, he has said the machines will be secured through a tender organized and condcuted by the Central Election Commission (CEC), according to Focus News Agency.
Voting booths both home and abroad will be equipped with machines, Yanev has added.
Asked about the cost of the election - which reports suggest will be two times the price BGN 29.9 M originally stated by the government - he has referred the question to the election (CEC).
His words suggest authorities the commission will have to fund 12 500 (and not 12 000) more voting machines to install in all polling stations in order to adhere to a court ruling.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 15th Day - Protesters Closed Ten Junctions in Sofia, Thrown Sunflower Seeds and Candy in Front of the Council of Ministers
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 14th Day in a Row Under the Motto "Let’s Block Sofia First and Then the State"
- » 13 Days Protests in Bulgaria: "We Are the Vote of No Confidence"