Russia Introduces Border Controls with Belarus
Russian authorities have introduced border checks with Belarus days after Minsk's decision to scrap short-term visas for nationals of 80 states.
The measure has been ordered by Russia's domestic security service FSB Aleksandr Bortnikov, according to Sputnik News.
Russian media do not give an explicit link between the border controls and the visa waiver.
Until now there was no border control between Belarus and Russia, Minsk being a close ally to Moscow, and only some commercial restrictions were applied.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Large-Scale Protest of the Opposition Will Take Place in Moscow
- » 26 Independent Candidates Enter the Moscow Parliament
- » Russia Urged Europe to Clarify its Position on the Iranian Nuclear Agreement
- » Vladimir Putin is on a Working Visit to Italy
- » Putin: The EU Has Lost Nearly 5 Times More Than Russia For 5 Years of Sanctions Against It
- » At Least 37 Confirmed Dead After Explosion in Block of Flats in Eastern Russia