Former Prosecutor Takes Over Sofia Regional Court
Stefan Milev, a former prosecutor, has been appointed as chair of the Sofia Regional Court, Bulgarian media report.
Milev has garnered a narrow majority of 8 to 3 members of the judges' college at the Supreme Judicial Council, the judiciary's top decisionmaking body.
Milev will head Bulgaria's busiest court ad interim, after Metodi Lalov stepped down and is leaving office on Wednesday.
Milev, who became a judge with the Sofia City Court last year, meets resistance from part of the council, which preferred Albena Boteva, but she was rejected by the majority, with the move triggering protests of other judges earlier in January.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium