Fire Breaks Out at Harmanli Migrant Center
A fire broke out on Tuesday morning at the Harmanli reception and accommodation center in Southern Bulgaria, authorities say.
A short circuit or an overload of the electricity grid are among the likely resons, according to the Bulgarian National Radio.
As many as 500 migrants were evacuated, wuth authorities moving them to other spaces.
Almost 3000 people live in Harmanli, where riots broke at the end of November.
- » A Woman Survives a 1.5-Kilometer Fall in Canada. Her Parachute Failed to Open
- » Part of the Wing of a Passenger Plane in New York Fell Off
- » Rescuers Looking for a 14-year-old Girl by the Sea near Varna
- » Fire Breaks out in Locomotive Along Bulgarian Railway Line
- » Fire at a Pennsylvania Day Care Center Kills 5 Children
- » British Airways Flight Was Urgently Evacuated after Smoke Filled the Cabin