Court OKs Registration of Yes, Bulgaria Party
The Sofia City Court on Monday has approved the application of former Justice Minister Hristo Ivanov's organization, Yes, Bulgaria, which seeks registration as a political party.
Yes, Bulgaria, founded upon an anti-corruption platform earlier in January, asserts it has collected some 3000 signatures, a number meeting the threshold required.
For Ivanov, who was elected as chair of the organization, the court ruling is crucial as he has declared his intention to run in the upcoming snap vote this March.
Last week, he announced Yes, Bulgaria would be running independently in the early election, thus turning down an invitation from Radan Kanev, the leader of Democrats for Strong Bulgaria (DSB) party who earlier unveiled a new project, inviting Ivanov to join him.
- » Montana Received Nearly BGN 11 Million to Stimulate Households for More Ecological Heating
- » Bulgarian Railways BDZ Provides Services for People with Disabilities
- » Outgoing Central Election Commission Reports on its 5-year Term of Office
- » New Pension Calculation Formula in Bulgaria will not Lead to Pension Cuts
- » Intelligent Transport System Will Be Built on Trakia Motorway
- » Sofia Climbed 29 Positions in the World Ranking of the most Expensive Cities