Trump Bans Admission of Syrian Refugees in USA
The USA will stop admitting refugees from Syria after US President Donald Trump signed an executive order on Protection of the nation from foreign terrorist entry into the United States.
Besides banning the admission of Syrian refugees, the document also prohibits the entry in the USA of citizens of another seven mostly-Muslim countries.
The UN High Commissioner for Refugees, organisations for the defence of human rights and intellectuals criticised sharply Washington’s decision.
Trump’s executive order terminates the American programme for the admission of Syrian refugees until new vetting rules are established.
Citizens of Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen may not enter the country for a period of 120 days. The only exception will be made for diplomats from these countries.
In a joint announcement, the UN and the International Organisation for Migration called on Trump’s administration to continue granting asylum to people fleeing from war.
“The needs of refugees and migrants in the world have never been greater and the settlement programme of the USA is one of the most important in the world,” read the statement.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 177 of the Invasion of Ukraine: New Powerful Explosions in Crimea, Russia switches to the Yuan
- » North Macedonia's Foreign Minister: It was a Mistake Not Including the Bulgarians in the Constitution
- » Facebook Bans US Anti-Vaxxers
- » Quarantines and Lockdowns have Killed more Brits than COVID-19
- » Indonesian President: Putin, Xi Jinping to Attend G20 Summit in Bali
- » The US has quietly given Ukraine the HARM Radar Hunters