Turkey Might Cancel Readmission Agreement With Greece
Turkey’s Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu stated on Friday that Turkey will take the necessary steps against Athens after the decision of the Greek Supreme Court not to extradite the eight Turkish officers who fled the country after the coup attempt on July 15, reported Daily Sabah, citing TRT Haber.
Çavuşoğlu specified that Turkey might cancel the agreement for the readmission of migrants from Greece which allows Athens to return illegal refugees to Turkey. Turkey, in turn, repatriates the refugees.
Turkey’s Foreign Minister pointed out that the ruling of the Greek court is mainly political and that it will have inevitable consequences for bi-lateral relations.
“They are not merely petty criminals,” noted Çavuşoğlu, adding that the officers who fled tried to kill President Recep Erdogan.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 700 NATO troops have arrived in Northern Kosovo
- » 2023 Parliamentary Elections in Montenegro: Young Voters Will Decide the Elections
- » The Kremlin Supports the Serbs in Kosovo - The West blames Pristina
- » Stoltenberg: NATO will deploy 700 more soldiers in Kosovo
- » 25 NATO soldiers were Injured in Clashes in Kosovo
- » Clashes between police and Serbs in Northern Kosovo