Bulgaria, Romania Border Officials to Meet over Danube Bridge 2 Tensions
Border police officials of Bulgaria and Romania will meet near the city of Vidin on Wednesday to discuss the long queues of trucks lining up to cross the Danube Bridge 2 which connects the countries.
Tensions surfaced on Tuesday as truck drivers blocked the bridge, saying they had waited for many hours to pass.
On the Bulgarian side of the border crossing, one of the problems is that all ferries stopped operating due to the floating ice in the Danube.
The Romanian checkpoints, on the other hand, scan all trucks for migrants hidden in their cargo compartments.
On Tuesday, Bulgaria's outgoing Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov has his counterpart Teodor Meleșcanu discussed the issue over the phone.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis