Bulgaria, Romania Border Officials to Meet over Danube Bridge 2 Tensions
Border police officials of Bulgaria and Romania will meet near the city of Vidin on Wednesday to discuss the long queues of trucks lining up to cross the Danube Bridge 2 which connects the countries.
Tensions surfaced on Tuesday as truck drivers blocked the bridge, saying they had waited for many hours to pass.
On the Bulgarian side of the border crossing, one of the problems is that all ferries stopped operating due to the floating ice in the Danube.
The Romanian checkpoints, on the other hand, scan all trucks for migrants hidden in their cargo compartments.
On Tuesday, Bulgaria's outgoing Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov has his counterpart Teodor Meleșcanu discussed the issue over the phone.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » American Combat Drones are being deployed in Greece
- » Borrell: There is an Agreement between Kosovo and Serbia
- » Kosovo postponed fines for "Serbian" License Plates at the Request of the US
- » NATO has urged Serbia and Kosovo not to escalate Tensions
- » Leader of VMRO-DPMNE demanded that Bulgaria recognize a "Macedonian Minority"
- » North Macedonia accepted the Amendments against Bulgarian Cultural Clubs