Bulgaria's Ambassador to Germany Expected to Be Interim FM
Radi Naydenov, the Bulgarian Ambassador to Germany, is the most likely designate to become caretaker Foreign Minister, recent media reports have suggested.
Naydenov was Chief of Staff of Bulgaria's last King Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, at the time he served as Prime Minister in 2001-2005. He became Chief Secretary of the Foreign Ministry in the first Boyko Borisov-led cabinet, at a time Nickolay Mladenov served as Bulgaria's top diplomat.
A more comprehensive list of names has emerged as President Rumen Radev has called potential ministers to his office in central Sofia.
The only name unveiled by the head of state is that of Ognyan Gerdzhikov as a decree was signed to appoint the latter caretaker Prime Minister.
Plamen Uzunov, the head of police in Plovdiv, is the most likely nomination for Interior Minister ad interim.
Ilko Semerdzhiev, who served as Health Minister in a 1997-2001 cabinet, will likelu assume the portfolio again, alongside that of a Deputy Prime Minister.
Kiril Ananiev, who has been Deputy Finance Minister in three governments between 1998-2009 (led by different political parties), could now become Finance Minister.
Hristo Aleksiev, an expert with the National Railway Infrastructure Company, is expected to become interim Transport Minister.
Former Deputy Labour Minister Galab Donev will now head the ministry ad interim, having also been the chairman of the state labour inspection agency.
Another former deputy, Nikolay Denkov, who until April 2015 was at the Education Ministry, will become caretaker Education Minister, according to the reports.
- » PM Borissov: It is Most Important to Protect our Medical Professionals, They Will Receive Bonus Remuneration
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
- » Protest Against the Election of Geshev as Chief Prosecutor