Bulgarian-Directed Short Film Gets Oscar Nomination
Blind Vaysha, directed by Bulgarian Theodore Ushev and based on a story by renowned writer Georgi Gospodinov, is one of the five titles in the Academy Awards' Animated Short Film category.
The 89th Oscars will be handed out on February 26 in Los Angeles, with La La Land tipped to scoop a number of awards, having been nominated in 14 categories, including best picture.
The movie is part of the book And Other stories (Writings from an Unbound Europe) (2001), translated into German, English, Italian and other languages.
Blind Vaysha is produced by the National Film Board of Canada.
The music is made by a Bulgarian musician - Kottarashky.
From the moment she was born, Vaysha can only see into the past with her left eye and into the future with her right one. The short illustrates the world through her eyes.
- » Operatic Soprano Sonya Yoncheva’s Documentary to Premiere In Bulgaria
- » Hockney Sells for USD 90 Million, Sets Living Artist Record
- » Lost Disney Film Showing Mickey Mouse's Predecessor Found in Japan
- » Elton John Announces UK Dates of His 300-Night Retirement World Tour
- » There is a New Gallery for Contemporary Art in Sofia
- » FLIGHT EXPERIENCE Comes To The Bulgarian National Theatre Next Week