Trump Moves to Withdraw from Pacific Trade Deal
United States President Donald Trum has signed an executive order that initiates his country's pullout of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).
The TPP, a cornerstone of his predecessor Barack Obama's political doings, has never been ratified by the Congress whose members have given it a mixed reception.
It involves 12 countries and is aimed at boosting growth and forging closer economic ties.
Other actions in his first regular workday include a cut in funding to American aid groups providing or promoting international abortions and a freeze in hiring federal employees.
- » Iran Will Allow Women to Attend National Football Team Match
- » Pope Francis Expressed Concern About Forest Fires in the Amazon Jungle
- » Boris Johnson: Britain Will Be an International, Outward-Looking Country after Brexit
- » Scientists Performed the First Complex Quantum Teleportation
- » Beijing Introduces New Retaliatory Tariffs on about $75 Billion Worth of US Goods
- » Putin and Erdogan Discussed the Situation in Syria over the Phone