Bulgaria's Tourism Industry 'Grew 11% Last Year'
An increase in the number of foreign tourists visiting Bulgaria has boosted the sector's overall growth in 2016, according to the estimates of a renowned think-tank.
As many as 8.4 million foreign tourists took trips to Bulgaria last year, Rumen Draganov, who heads the Institute for Analysis and Assessment of Tourism, has told Focus News Agency in an interview.
His estimates surpass those of the Tourism Ministry, which earlier announced the 8-million mark would only be passed at the end of January if measured year-on-year.
As many as 17.5 million trips for tourism purposes were registered across Bulgaria last year, but the figure included domestic tourists, Draganov has added.
"[Bulgaria] is an interesting destination as the correlation between price and quality of the Bulgarian tourism product is competitive," Draganov has argued, citing as an evidence the big number of preliminary contracts signed for 2017 on accommodation across the country.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Balchik- Increasingly Popular Destination on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Holidays on Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast will be between 15 and 30% More Expensive this year
- » Bulgaria: 30% Growth in Bookings for Easter
- » The Third Direct Flight from Bulgaria to Seychelles Landed with 176 Passengers
- » The Number of Foreigners who Visited Bulgaria increased significantly in January
- » The Bulgarian Passport is Ranked 42nd in the World