Greece Halts Trucks from Bulgaria over Bad Weather
Greece has halted trucks entering via two border crossings from going on in direction to several key cities over severe weather conditions.
The restriction is in force as of 10:00 local time (EET) on Thursday for Ilinden-Exochi and Kulata-Promachonas border crossing points, the Bulgarian Interior Ministry says.
Roads into Serres, Kilkis, Drama and Thessaloniki are open to all other traffic.
Trucks will be granted passage after roads are cleaned well enough.
A cold snap and heavy snow surprised Southeast Europe, including Bulgaria and parts of Northern Greece.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 77 New Cases
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny, Rain expected in the Afternoon
- » Bulgarians celebrate Children's Day
- » On June 1: Traveling by Train in Bulgaria will be Free for Children
- » Bulgaria: Health Minister to drop the Mandatory Isolation and Quarantine for People Sick with COVID-19
- » Bulgaria: New Rules for Electric Scooters in Sofia - Fines up to 25 EUR