Greece Halts Trucks from Bulgaria over Bad Weather
Greece has halted trucks entering via two border crossings from going on in direction to several key cities over severe weather conditions.
The restriction is in force as of 10:00 local time (EET) on Thursday for Ilinden-Exochi and Kulata-Promachonas border crossing points, the Bulgarian Interior Ministry says.
Roads into Serres, Kilkis, Drama and Thessaloniki are open to all other traffic.
Trucks will be granted passage after roads are cleaned well enough.
A cold snap and heavy snow surprised Southeast Europe, including Bulgaria and parts of Northern Greece.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » WHO: One in Ten People in Europe will be Infected with COVID-19 by the End of the Week
- » Record Number of Deaths from COVID-19 in Greece
- » Mixing Vaccines against COVID-19 provides better Protection
- » Bulgaria is among the Places with the Most Polluted Air in Europe
- » Orange Code for Heavy Rainfall, Snowfall and Strong Wind Announced for 3 Districts in Bulgaria
- » Traveling to the UK now Requires a COVID Test even for Vaccinated Passengers