15-Km Truck Queue at Danube Bridge, Russe
There is a 15-km queue of trucks at Danube Bridge Russe, reported BGNES.
Traffic jams started forming in the afternoon as many people began returning from work and they cannot move on due to the trucks.
The situation was complicated further by snow-cleaning machines. Traffic is regulated by three units of Border Police and their colleagues from Road Police.
The reason for the long queue of trucks is the complicated winter situation in the last 24 hours when there were restrictions on the movement of trucks.
Romanian authorities had also stopped trucks from moving in order to clear the roads from snow. It was only at 14:00 hrs on Wednesday that the movement of trucks weighing over 7.5 tonnes was permitted again.
Some of the trucks have to wait at Danube Bridge due to the fact that ferries do not operate because of the ice flow and there is no other way to pass through.
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)
- » Trakia Highway is Closed in both Directions near Kameno because of a Fire
- » The Lyulin Highway Closes for Repair