License for Kozloduy's Fifth Unit To Be Issued by September
The Bulgarian Nuclear Regulatory Agency is expected to complete the evaluation of the documentation and issue a license for the Fifth Unit of the Kozloduy NPP by September 2017, which will allow the unit to operate for another ten years, announced the chairman of the nuclear regulator Latchesar Kostov.
“The license for the exploitation of the fifth unit of the Kozloduy NPP expires in November 2017 and, in this relation, we received an application for an extension of the license for exploitation of the fifth unit. The review of the documents will continue in 2017. No discrepancies with a significant effect on safety have been discovered so far,” pointed out Kostov.
- » The Bulgarian Energy Holding is on its Way to take Commitments in the BEH Gas Case
- » Over 5000 GWh have been Saved in Bulgaria in the 2014-2017 Period
- » Bulgaria Preparing to Open Tender for Offshore Oil, Gas Exploration Permit
- » New Plasma Melting Plant Opens at Bulgaria's Nuclear Power Site
- » Prices Electricity in Romania Drop by about 3.5%
- » The Gas Prices in Bulgaria Rise by 10.8% from July 1