Bulgaria’s Former Vice PM Indicted for EVN Privatisation
The purpose of Simeon Dyankov was for the company Bulbrokers to benefit and receive BGN 1,276,680, announced the spokesperson of the Prosecutor General Rumyana Arnaudova at a briefing.
Former Finance Minister in the first cabinet of Boyko Borisov was indicted on charges of abuse of office on Friday in relation to the prisatization of the electricity distribution venture EVN.
According to the Prosecutor’s Office, the crime was committed in the period May - June 2011. Dyankov overstepped his powers and ordered the Privatisation Agency that Bulbrokers and not an independent evaluator be the investment broker on the deal.
Dyankov’s accomplice in the deal was Ivo Prokopiev, explained Arnaudova.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Bulgarian-Greek Gas Connection was officially launched in Sofia (UPDATED)
- » Radev and Aliyev discussed Bulgarian Enterprises receiving Gas directly from Azerbaijan
- » Foreign Leaders will arrive in Bulgaria for the Opening Ceremony of the Interconnector with Greece
- » Europe is preparing for a Shut Down of Mobile Networks this Winter
- » The Interconnector Bulgaria-Greece secured Act 16
- » Natural Gas in Bulgaria could Drop in Price by 32 percent Soon