US Ambassador to Bulgaria to Remain in Office under Trump
The United States' Ambassador to Sofia will not be removed after Donald Trump enters the White House, the diplomatic mission says.
Eric Rubin will retain his office, 24 Chasa and Standart daily newspapers quote the embassy as saying.
The statement comes after Trump promised to remove diplomats appointed under Barack Obama's administration.
But the Embassy has made it clear his comments only refer to political appointments and not to career diplomats like Rubin.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Sacred Language of My Predecessors: An Exhibition on Croatian-Bulgarian Parallels
- » Ilham Ahmed: Sudan Wants to Revive Ties with Bulgaria at All Levels
- » Iraq's Embassy Hosts Photo Exhibition in Support of Mosul Offensive
- » Rajesh Kumar Sachdeva: Bulgaria Emerging as Destination for Indian Film Industry
- » Bulgaria, Sudan Mark 60 Years of Diplomatic Relations
- » Irit Lillian: History Should Not Be Most Important Element in Israel-Bulgara Relations