Bulgarian Police Detained 19 000 Migrants Last Year
Police detained nearly 19 000 migrants on the territory of Bulgaria last year, the Interior Ministry says.
The lowest number was recorded in December (70 people) and the biggest in August, at 3000 people, according to minisry statistics.
As many as 4600 were detained while trying to enter Bulgaria, nearly a third of them (more than 1400) being from Iraq, followed by those from Afghanistan and Syria.
The number of migrants detained while trying to get out of the country decreased last year to nearly 5000, down from the 9000 in 2014.
The figure revises earlier estimates of 17 977 migrants detained on the territory of Bulgaria and 4526 while entering.
- » A Fire Affected about 1,000 Acres near Harmanli
- » Car Queues at the Border with Greece
- » Leonardo DiCaprio Donates $ 5 million for the Amazon Rainforest Fires
- » The EU Allocates € 100 Billion to the European Future Fund to Boost the European Business
- » A 2-Year-Old Child Was Attacked by a Tiger at a Thai Zoo
- » The Hotel in Which the Two Britons Who Died of Legionnaires' Disease Stayed, Is Being Checked