Bulgarian Police Detained 19 000 Migrants Last Year
Police detained nearly 19 000 migrants on the territory of Bulgaria last year, the Interior Ministry says.
The lowest number was recorded in December (70 people) and the biggest in August, at 3000 people, according to minisry statistics.
As many as 4600 were detained while trying to enter Bulgaria, nearly a third of them (more than 1400) being from Iraq, followed by those from Afghanistan and Syria.
The number of migrants detained while trying to get out of the country decreased last year to nearly 5000, down from the 9000 in 2014.
The figure revises earlier estimates of 17 977 migrants detained on the territory of Bulgaria and 4526 while entering.
- » Student Donated more than 3000 Books to Community Centers and Homes for Adults
- » Scientists have Revealed why Birds have no Teeth
- » Two People were Killed and 18 were Injured in a Crash between a Truck and a Train in Italy
- » Residents of Zaburdo Fill Potholes on the Way to Chudnite Mostove (Marvelous Bridges) on their Own
- » Travel and Read in a Retro Tram in Sofia on May 24th
- » Truck Hit a Bus on Trakia Motorway, 12 People Are in Hospital