Snowfall in Bulgaria Partly Paralyzes Railway Traffic
Some trains have suffered delays of several hours due to the heavy weather conditions, Bulgaria's state-owned carrier says.
The Sofia-Karlovo-Varna train will be 200 minutes late this afternoon (with a 3-hour delay also recorded in the other direction), while the night train from Sofia to Varna via Gorna Oryahovitsa arrived 318 minutes late.
The Sofia-Plovdiv-Burgas train is running 212 minutes behind schedule, the Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) say.
On the Bulgarian National Television, a passenger was seen saying he had been informed his train would arrive 315 behind schedule due to frozen railroad switches along the track.
- » Hundreds of Miles between them but Shropshire and Bulgaria are Closer than you Think
- » Tornado Injured 17 People in the State of Iowa
- » EU Nations Help Sweden as Wildfires Rage Above Arctic Circle
- » At Least 11 Drown as 'Duck Boat' Capsizes in Missouri
- » The Autumn Weather will Remain until the End of July
- » Clouds and Precipitation in Central and Eastern Bulgaria