Major Roads in NE Bulgaria Open, but Conditions Remain Heavy
There are severe conditions on several key roads across northeastern Bulgaria and elsewhere in the country, outgoing Regional Development Minister Lilyana Pavlova has said.
There are gale-force winds at a speed above 60 km/h in the northeasternmost regions of Silistra, Shumen and Dobrich, she has added.
Both Hemus motorway and the road between Targovishte and Shumen are open to traffic, the minister has added.
At a press conference, Pavlova has said there are no reports of stranded drivers and passengrers as of Sunday morning.
"There is no regional center without access for cars," in the words of Pavlova.
But she has added authorities are still working to restore power supply to dozens of towns and villages left without electricity, using help from firefighters and the military.
- » Scientists have Revealed why Birds have no Teeth
- » Minister Neno Dimov: We have Made Significant Progress in Regards to Air Quality During the EU Presidency
- » How the Northeastern Bulgarian Town of Smyadovo Transforms into Modern Energy Efficient Settlement
- » Storm in Karnobat, Southeastern Bulgaria: Streets and Houses in Water!
- » A Spectacular Tornado Hit West Germany!
- » EU Suing France, UK and Germany over Air Pollution Levels