Turkey's Deputy PM: Istanbul Attacker Might Have Been Uyghur
The man who killed 39 people in Istanbul in the attack on New Years’ Eve in an Istanbul night club is probably an ethnic Uyghur and the special services know where he is hiding, stated Deputy Prime Minister Veysi Kaynak, cited by Reuters.
According to him, the attacker is a specially trained member of a terrorist cell and carried out the attack on his own. He denied the information that a group of people attacked the club.
“There was one shooter only. The attack was carried out with one weapon, but it is possible that might have been accomplices,” added the Deputy Prime Minister.
“It is not improbable that he escaped abroad, but authorities expect him to be found in Turkey.”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » American Combat Drones are being deployed in Greece
- » Borrell: There is an Agreement between Kosovo and Serbia
- » Kosovo postponed fines for "Serbian" License Plates at the Request of the US
- » NATO has urged Serbia and Kosovo not to escalate Tensions
- » Leader of VMRO-DPMNE demanded that Bulgaria recognize a "Macedonian Minority"
- » North Macedonia accepted the Amendments against Bulgarian Cultural Clubs