Bulgaria's PM Demands Enhanced Police Presence in Villages
Outgoing Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has called on the cabinet to make sure police forces are stationed in every village.
"The Interior Ministry and the Ministry of Finance must find the legal possibility for having a police officer in aevery village, or at least one police officer for two villages," daily 24 Chasa quotes Borisov as saying before a cabinet meeting.
The outgoing Prime Minister's words come as authorities are seeking to reassure residents of rural areas amid a high rate of petty crimes in villages and smaller towns.
With the Interior Ministry expecting new vehicles for police patrols in the cities, old ones can go to villages, he is reported as saying.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend