Turkey to Extend State of Emergency By 3 Months
Turkey's Deputy PM Numan Kurtulmus said on Tuesday the state of emergency in force since July would be extended by three months.
The measure will be applied as of January 19 if approved by Parliament, he added.
Kurtulmuş cited as a reason the presence of members of US-based Islamic preacher Fethullah Gülen's movement, which Turkey sees as a terrorist organization dubbed FETÖ and blames for the July 15 failed coup attempt.
The state of emergency can be declared for a maximum period of six months, but can also be extended upon consideration.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis