Migratory Pressure on Bulgaria Fell Sharply Last Year - IntMin
The number of migrants who crossed into Bulgaria fell by more than 40% last year compared to 2015, outgoing Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova has said.
For December alone, there is a decrease by 60%, Focus News Agency quotes her as adding before a cabinet meeting.
Bachvarova has argued the construction of a fence along the border with Turkey is almost complete, two sections of just 9-10 km due to be built "very soon".
"We also count on the [EUR] 160 M to be absorbed... We are ready with all projects, we are ready to call the tenders for them," she has added, in a reference to the EU assistance received by Sofia last year as part of the measures to address the migrant crisis.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Financial Times: Bulgaria Joins Europe’s “Аwkward” Squad
- » Belarus - Over 300 Protesters Arrested after this Weekend's Protest Against Lukashenko
- » Rosen Rapchev: Road Accidents in Bulgaria Decrease by Nearly 25%
- » Jens Stoltenberg: Trans-Atlantic Relations between Allies Will Improve
- » Russia Sends Medical Aid to Nagorny Karabakh, Military Doctors Help Civilians
- » Iran’s Top Nuclear Scientist to Be Buried Today