Russophiles-Russophobes Divide in Bulgaria 'Artificial' - FM
Bulgaria neither fears nor hates other countries, but is simply guided by principles in its policy toward Russia, outgoing Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov has said.
In an interview with the Bulgarian National Television, Mitov has made it clear "he wishes all the best to the Russian people" on a personal note, but the country "must take a certain position" to those who act in contravention to international norms.
Speaking about the 10-year anniversary of Bulgaria's membership in the EU, he has asserted that the country made a "historic choice".
Sofia's position on EU issues has become much more active over the past two-and-a-half years, helping it initiate rather than just fulfill policy decisions, Mitov has argued.
On the Bulgarian woman wounded in the attack in Istanbul on New Year, he has noted that her condition is stable, but "unfortunately she will have to fight for her full recovery."
- » North and South Korean Leaders Hold Surprise Meeting
- » Bulgaria could Allow Macedonia to Use its Embassies
- » Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with North Korea's Kim Jong-un
- » The French President Macron is on an Official Visit to Russia
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov will go on a Visit with Pope Francis
- » Radev to Putin: Bulgaria and Russia must be Frank with Each Other