Members of New Romanian Government Announced
The leaders of the two coalition parties – Liviu Dragnea from the Social Democratic Party (PSD) and Călin Popescu-Tăriceanu from the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats (ALDE), who are forming the new Romanian government, as well as the appointed Prime Minister Sorin Grindeanu, announced on Tuesday the members of the new government, which will start work after it is approved by Parliament.
Theodore Meleshkanu from ALDE will continue to be Romania’s Foreign Minister but he will also head the Foreign Intelligence Service.
The new Justice Minister will be Florin Iordache from PSD, former chairman of the lower chamber of deputies.
ALDE has received four portfolios in the new government, as well as one of the Deputy Prime Minister positions.
The agreement was reached during negotiations between PSD and ALDE.
The would-be ministers will be heard by the respective commissions and Parliament on Wednesday.
If they are approved, they will be sworn in on the same day in the presence of Romania’s President Klaus Iohannis.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The EU to give additional €6.5 Million to Turkey and Syria
- » Bulgaria: Schengen Condition Fulfilled - Migrants on the Balkan Route have Halved
- » European Commission: The Imposition of Additional Conditions for Schengen on Bulgaria is Unfair
- » Initial Data after the Introduction of the Euro in Croatia: Inflation is Slowing Down
- » The European Commission will return the Monitoring of the Rule of Law in Bulgaria
- » Poland: Distrust of Germany is Growing because of its Policy towards Ukraine