Bulgaria May Launch Nationwide Search for Ex-FinMin Facing Indictment
Former Bulgarian Finance Minister Simeon Djankov will also be indicted over a deal he oversaw that involved the sale of state-owned shares in an electricity distribution company, officials say.
Like Energy Minister Traycho Traykov, who was handed an indictment days before New Year, he will be slapped with charges of willful abeyance.
The deal in question was conducted at a time he served as Finance Minister.
However, the prosecuting authority is unable to summon him and hand out the indictment to him as he cannot be found, Chief Prosecutor Spokesperson Rumyana Arnaudova has said.
A nationwide search will have to be launched unless he is reached, the news website Dnevnik.bg quotes her as saying.
Arnaudova has added more people will be indicted over the affair, but has not elaborated.
- » Bank Employee from Central Bulgaria Arrested for Embezzlement of nearly 400 000 Levs
- » Transportation of Baby Eels from Endangered Species was Stopped at Sofia Airport (Photos)
- » Municipal Officials in Burgas Stopped the Sale of a Child
- » Quadruple Murder in Western Bulgaria
- » A Hacker Attack Hit the Australian Parliament
- » Imitation of "Nova Brasilia" Coffee Brand Led to a Fine of 2.57 Million in Bulgaria