Bulgaria May Launch Nationwide Search for Ex-FinMin Facing Indictment
Former Bulgarian Finance Minister Simeon Djankov will also be indicted over a deal he oversaw that involved the sale of state-owned shares in an electricity distribution company, officials say.
Like Energy Minister Traycho Traykov, who was handed an indictment days before New Year, he will be slapped with charges of willful abeyance.
The deal in question was conducted at a time he served as Finance Minister.
However, the prosecuting authority is unable to summon him and hand out the indictment to him as he cannot be found, Chief Prosecutor Spokesperson Rumyana Arnaudova has said.
A nationwide search will have to be launched unless he is reached, the news website Dnevnik.bg quotes her as saying.
Arnaudova has added more people will be indicted over the affair, but has not elaborated.
- » Bulgarian Citizen was Arrested for Making a Fake Bomb Threat in Madrid
- » 30 Years in Prison for the Murderer of Bulgarian Journalist Victoria Marinova
- » Police Operation Against Drug Dealers in the Sofia District of Strelbishte
- » Theft of Electricity in a Luxury Building in Sofia Detected by CEZ
- » Bulgarian Citizen Committed a Double Murder in Turkey and Committed Suicide
- » Greek Police Detained a Bulgarian Truck Full of illegal Immigrants