Bulgaria May Launch Nationwide Search for Ex-FinMin Facing Indictment
Former Bulgarian Finance Minister Simeon Djankov will also be indicted over a deal he oversaw that involved the sale of state-owned shares in an electricity distribution company, officials say.
Like Energy Minister Traycho Traykov, who was handed an indictment days before New Year, he will be slapped with charges of willful abeyance.
The deal in question was conducted at a time he served as Finance Minister.
However, the prosecuting authority is unable to summon him and hand out the indictment to him as he cannot be found, Chief Prosecutor Spokesperson Rumyana Arnaudova has said.
A nationwide search will have to be launched unless he is reached, the news website Dnevnik.bg quotes her as saying.
Arnaudova has added more people will be indicted over the affair, but has not elaborated.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bomb Threats again in Many Bulgarian Schools
- » A Bulgarian and 6 other People have been Detained for Preparing Terrorist Attacks in Belgium
- » Bulgaria: There is a Suspect for the Bomb Threats - Emails were sent to 102 Schools across the country
- » Bulgaria: Police Operation in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: 25 Migrants were Detained near Simeonovgrad
- » Bulgaria: 8 Illegal Migrants and their Driver were Detained in Sofia