Istanbul Nightclub Attacker Might Be from Central Asia - Police
Turkish police believe the gunman who claimed 39 lives in a nightclub in Istanbul may be from Uzbekistan or Kyrgyzstan, according to Hürriyet Daily News.
Another hypothesis, appearing in daily Habertürk and cited by Hürriyet, suggests the man might be from Xinjiang in China.
Eight people have been detained so far over alleged links to the deadly attack.
Earlier, the Islamic State (IS) group claimed responsibility for the attack.
- » Erdogan: EU 'Doomed to Failure' Without Turkey's Full-Fledged Membership in the EU
- » Alexis Tsipras Promised to Cut Taxes on Food and Energy
- » Pope Francis: Northern Macedonia is Example of Being a Bridge Between the East and the West
- » Turkish President Erdogan Called For New Elections in Istanbul
- » A 24-hour Transport Strike Was Announced in Greece on May 1
- » Serbia and Kosovo Will Continue Talks to Normalize Relations Between the Two Countries