Istanbul Nightclub Attacker Might Be from Central Asia - Police
Turkish police believe the gunman who claimed 39 lives in a nightclub in Istanbul may be from Uzbekistan or Kyrgyzstan, according to Hürriyet Daily News.
Another hypothesis, appearing in daily Habertürk and cited by Hürriyet, suggests the man might be from Xinjiang in China.
Eight people have been detained so far over alleged links to the deadly attack.
Earlier, the Islamic State (IS) group claimed responsibility for the attack.
- » Kosovo’s PM Admits He Was Invited to Become Part of Serbia’s Partition Plot
- » Turkish President Erdogan Stresses on Global Peace
- » Participants of Eastern Economic Forum Sign 175 Deals worth USD 42.07 Billion
- » Athens-Skopje Deal Still Elusive
- » Athens Asks EU Official to Stop ‘Undermining’ FYROM Talks
- » Serbia Threatens Serbs with Prison if They Decide to Join Kosovo Army