Tennis: Bulgaria's Pironkova Triumphs over Voskoboeva in China
Tsvetana Pironkova of Bulgaria has defeated Galina Voskoboeva of Kazakhstan in the Shenzhen tournament in China.
Bulgaria's highest-ranking female tennis player has won 6:4, 5:7, 6:3, thus making it into the tournament's second round, local sports media report.
To get a place in the quarterfinals, Pironkova will face Alison Riske (US) who reached the final of the same tournament last year.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria's highest-ranking male tennis player Grigor Dimitrov is set to begin the season on Monday, facing the world's No 33, Steve Johnson, in Brisbane. Playing against Johnson, Dimitrov has so far won three in five games.
In a comeback that began in the summer, Dimitrov has moved up the ATP ranking and is not the world's No 17, after dropping out of the top 30 last spring.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » How New Technologies Help Sport Fans Around the World
- » Bulgaria: Stadiums Open to the Public in Compliance with Strict Measures
- » Police Officers Took Grigor Dimitrov's Driver License in Monaco
- » Sport Events in Bulgaria Without Audience Until August 31
- » Alexandar Georgiev to Be Only Bulgarian-Born Player in Revised NHL Playoffs
- » Online Casinos: Top Reasons Why Casinos Are The Best In The UK