Tennis: Bulgaria's Pironkova Triumphs over Voskoboeva in China
Tsvetana Pironkova of Bulgaria has defeated Galina Voskoboeva of Kazakhstan in the Shenzhen tournament in China.
Bulgaria's highest-ranking female tennis player has won 6:4, 5:7, 6:3, thus making it into the tournament's second round, local sports media report.
To get a place in the quarterfinals, Pironkova will face Alison Riske (US) who reached the final of the same tournament last year.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria's highest-ranking male tennis player Grigor Dimitrov is set to begin the season on Monday, facing the world's No 33, Steve Johnson, in Brisbane. Playing against Johnson, Dimitrov has so far won three in five games.
In a comeback that began in the summer, Dimitrov has moved up the ATP ranking and is not the world's No 17, after dropping out of the top 30 last spring.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Novak Djokovic in Queens
- » World Cup 2018: Football Showpiece Set to Begin in Russia
- » USA, Canada and Mexico will Host 2026 World Cup
- » Russia’s World Cup Costs to Exceed $14Bln, Media Reports
- » Spain Fired its Coach a Day before the Start of the 2018 World Cup
- » Mirela Demireva made a Historic Jump in Stockholm