Russia Plans to Expel 35 US Diplomats in Reciprocal Move
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has proposed to President Vladimir Putin the expulsion of 35 US diplomats posted to the country in retaliation to an earlier move by the US administration.
In a statement, the Foreign Ministry has downplayed again allegations that Moscow orchestrated cyber attacks aimed at intefering in the US election, saying the claims "do not match reality".
Reciprocity is a common feature of diplomacy, TASS quotes Lavrov as saying.
In addition, Russia will possibly prevent US diplomats from using two facilities in Moscow.
- » At Least 37 Confirmed Dead After Explosion in Block of Flats in Eastern Russia
- » Moscow Concerned Over NATO, EU Attempts to Strengthen Presence in Balkans
- » Russia Holds Drills in Black Sea Region Amid Ukraine Tensions
- » Russia Deploys New Laser Weapon
- » Russian Cops Put Out Fire With Snowballs
- » Russian Dies After His Explosive Device Detonates Inside FSB Building