Greece Detains 2 Bulgarian Nationals over People Smuggling
Two Bulgarian nationals were arrested on Thursday in northern Greece after police discovered 26 migrants in a truck, daily newspaper 24 Chasa says citing Greek media.
The development occurred in the area of Didymoteicho, a town near the border with Turkey.
The men detained, aged 47 and 49 respectively, were stopped after having crossed illegally the border between Greece and Turkey on the truck where migrants were hiding.
Twenty-one of the migrants came from Pakistan, four from Syria and one from Iran, according to komotinipress.gr.
They were hidden in secret compartments of the Bulgarian-plated truck's bodywork.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Europol Discovered an International Criminal Group for Financial Fraud Operating in Bulgaria
- » 1 Tonne of Cocaine destined for Bulgaria was seized in Colombia
- » Bulgarian Prosecution accuses GDFOC of Unprecedented Pressure on the “Hemus” Investigation
- » Double Homicide in Varna
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria