Greece Detains 2 Bulgarian Nationals over People Smuggling
Two Bulgarian nationals were arrested on Thursday in northern Greece after police discovered 26 migrants in a truck, daily newspaper 24 Chasa says citing Greek media.
The development occurred in the area of Didymoteicho, a town near the border with Turkey.
The men detained, aged 47 and 49 respectively, were stopped after having crossed illegally the border between Greece and Turkey on the truck where migrants were hiding.
Twenty-one of the migrants came from Pakistan, four from Syria and one from Iran, according to komotinipress.gr.
They were hidden in secret compartments of the Bulgarian-plated truck's bodywork.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Massive Special Police Operation in Sofia (UPDATED)
- » Representative of Bulgaria’s Ministry of the Interior will be allowed by South Africa to the Investigation into “Karo’s” Murder
- » Europol: 28 Arrested for Smuggling Migrants via Bulgaria and Romania
- » A Security Expert pointed out that Kamenov's Murder was Not Typical of the Bulgarian Crime World
- » Wanted by Interpol Bulgarian Krasimir Kamenov-Karo was Murdered in South Africa
- » Bulgaria: Illegal Migrants are detained near Vladaya after a Chase with the Police