Bulgaria Enables Online Purchase of Train Tickets
A centralized railway ticket issuance system has been certified by Bulgarian authorities, local media report.
The development upgrades the currently enforced system which has not been improved for more than 20 years. Ticket issuance, train composition and many other issues relating to rail transport will now be managed "digitally".
Passengers will now be able to purchase tickets from everywhere in the world, but also from the ticket collector checking the validity of travel documents.
The new system will enable the collectors also to fine passengers with no valid tickets.
As of the moment, the "pilot system" that has been officially released allows the online purchase of tickets only covering certain routes. However, the service will soon cover the entire rail network of Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Tourists paid BGN 900 (EUR 450) for their Child's Treatment in Sunny Beach
- » Bulgaria Air with an Additional Flight to Athens from September 9
- » The Trips of Bulgarians grow by nearly 50% in June
- » No Passports Required: Bulgarians will only Travel with an Identity Card to Turkey
- » Jump in the Number of Russian Tourists on Bulgaria’s Black Sea Coast
- » Watchdog concerned that Airline Carriers are Stopping some EU and EEA EFTA Citizens from Traveling