Illegal Deportation of Migrants From Balkan Route Rises
The illegal deportation of migrants trying to reach Western Europe via the so-called Balkan route is on the rise, warned on Monday UN’s Refugee Agency, reported AFP, cited by Focus Agency.
“Nearly 1,000 people from the Middle East, Asia and Africa have been deported from the Balkan route in November, more than before,” announced the spokesperson for UNHCR in Serbia Miryana Milenkovska.
Thousands of migrants attempted a journey via the Balkan route through Macedonia, Serbia, Croatia and Hungary trying to reach Western Europe from Greece before it was closed in March.
Non-governmental organisations on human rights and activists also warn of a growing number of migrants who are registered legally but are deported illegally from Serbia to Bulgaria and Macedonia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The EC is Proposing to Confiscate the Assets of Violators of EU Sanctions
- » Will Bulgaria’s Prime Minister join the EU Liberals
- » Orban will be able to Rule with Decrees due to the War in Ukraine
- » Borrell: The EU needs to Strengthen its Military Security
- » Germany’s Chancellor Rejects Ukraine's Swift Entry into the EU - Deems it Unfair to the Balkans
- » European Commission Proposed an Armaments Plan to Ensure the Security of the EU