Libyan Jet Hijacked, Diverted to Malta
A passenger plane from Libya has been diverted to Malta in what may amount to hijacking, the latter country's Prime Minister has said.
The plane, with 118 people on board, has already landed in Malta, according to local media.
The airline Afriqiyah Airways has confirmed the development.
The Associated Press quotes Malta airport officials as saying two hijackers are thought to be on the plane.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » New Zealand Bans Future Generations from Smoking Cigarettes
- » New Record for the Number of Journalists Worldwide that are Behind Bars
- » More than 3,500 Police Officers will provide Security in Athens during Pope Francis' Visit
- » Transgender and Tribal Women among the Recipients of India’s Top Civilian Awards
- » EU May Impose New Sanctions on Belarus as early as Monday
- » Poland Increases Security on Border with Belarus after Threat of Migrants Increases