Libyan Jet Hijacked, Diverted to Malta
A passenger plane from Libya has been diverted to Malta in what may amount to hijacking, the latter country's Prime Minister has said.
The plane, with 118 people on board, has already landed in Malta, according to local media.
The airline Afriqiyah Airways has confirmed the development.
The Associated Press quotes Malta airport officials as saying two hijackers are thought to be on the plane.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 171 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia warns the US of Severing Relations if Declared Sponsor of Terrorism
- » A Man Killed 11 People after a Family Dispute in Montenegro
- » Day 170 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Children with Disabilities are Abused in Ukrainian Orphanages according to the UN
- » Estonia Closes its Borders for Russians with Schengen Visas
- » European Funds Minister: Bulgaria to Receive BGN 3.7 Billion in the Coming Months from the Recovery Plan
- » Day 169 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky called on his Compatriots under Russian Occupation to Rise Up