Libyan Jet Hijacked, Diverted to Malta
A passenger plane from Libya has been diverted to Malta in what may amount to hijacking, the latter country's Prime Minister has said.
The plane, with 118 people on board, has already landed in Malta, according to local media.
The airline Afriqiyah Airways has confirmed the development.
The Associated Press quotes Malta airport officials as saying two hijackers are thought to be on the plane.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Romania is Close to a Visa-Free Regime with the US
- » Spain Not Committed to New Meeting for the Admission of Bulgaria and Romania to Schengen
- » Who is the Bulgarian Detained by Serbia on Espionage Allegations?
- » PM Ciolacu: Romania's Schengen Future Linked to Dutch Support for Bulgaria
- » Day 650 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin Threatened Latvia over its Treatment of Ethnic Russians
- » Bulgarian PM: It’s More Difficult to Negotiate with the Dutch on Schengen But Not Impossible