Bulgarian Baby Smuggling Ring Busted in Greece
Police have cracked down on a Bulgarian criminal gang trafficking babies into Greece and selling them in the country, daily 24 Chasa reports.
Reports suggest the group has been acting for at least three years, "buying" children from low-income Bulgarian mothers and then selling them in the region of Attica or in northern Greece.
The "deals" were worth between EUR 6000 and EUR 8000.
The probe involves testimonies of at least 13 biological mothers aged between 23 and 44.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend