EC Proposes Freezing of Bank Accounts of Suspected Terrorists
The European Commission has proposed that bank accounts of suspected terrorists in the EU be frozen within 48 hours without a sentence having entered into force.
The package of measures for combating financing of terrorism and organised crime will strengthen legislation in the 28 member-states regarding money laundering, the illegal transfer of money, and the freezing and confiscation of assets.
The regulation will introduce mutual recognition of judicial rulings of one country by other countries and accelerate reactions when dealing with possible planned terrorist attacks, announced EU Commissioner for Justice Věra Jourová.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Greek Fighter Jet has Crashed in the Ionian Sea, the Two Pilots are Missing
- » European Commission: EU Member States can Finance the Fence along the Bulgarian-Turkish Border Themselves
- » Former NATO General became the New President of the Czech Republic
- » Austria and the Netherlands are "United in Opposition to Schengen Expansion"
- » Ursula von der Leyen: Strengthening the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is a Priority
- » Hungary to Veto EU Nuclear Sanctions against Russia